They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need. Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
Acts 2:42-47 (NASB)
Please read the above Scriptures that gives us an idea of how early churches functioned so that you will have a better understanding of why we do things the way we do.
- We don’t have a church building (and don’t believe we need one unless God says otherwise), so we meet at the pastor’s home, which is why we haven’t publicised our location.
- We have a few songs of praise and worship – both contemporary songs and hymns – because not only is Jesus worthy of our praise and worship, it gives the Holy Spirit an opportunity to remind us why we are gathering together as one body of believers.
- We then open up God’s Word, the Bible, to hear and learn from Him. While there are occasions where the message maybe on a particular topic, we teach “all the counsel of God“, that is, every book, every chapter, verse by verse.
- We do minister to children on Sundays and invite families to join us (Sri and Amanda are parents of young children themselves).
- We don’t have a dress code so dress comfortably but appropriately.
- We normally finish around 12pm but encourage everyone to stay and fellowship.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sri.
God bless you.