In Matthew 3, we can learn from the obedience and humility of John the Baptist and Jesus.
- John was set apart from birth (Luke 1:13-17) but he chose to live the life he was called to live.
- John spoke the truth without fear (v7).
- Repentance: Don’t just say it or claim it, live it (v8).
- Faith background won’t save you, bear fruit or be cut down and thrown into the fire (v9-10).
- John’s humility compared to the humility of Christians (especially leaders) today (v11).
- Baptism: Water (outer) vs Holy Spirit (inward) – True disciples (wheat) vs False disciples (chaff) (v11-12).
- Why Christians should not be hesitant to get baptised & humility of Jesus (v13-15).
- Jesus, the Son of God – Trinity (v16-17).