Who we are/were?
- Psalm 14:1-3 (Psalm 53:1-3, Romans 3:10-12)
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works, There is none who does good.
2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
3 They have all turned aside, They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good, No, not one.
- Psalm 51:5 – Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.
- Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- Ephesians 2:1-3 – And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
What we deserve(d)?
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Why we are here?
- Hebrews 9:22 – And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
- John 1:29 – The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- John 3:16-17 – 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
- Romans 5:7-9 – 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. BECAUSE WE ARE LOVED!
What’s your response?
- John 13:34-35 – 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 14:15 – If you love Me, keep My commandments.