Summary of Acts 10:1-8
- a centurion
- devout man
- feared God with all his household
- gave alms generously to the people
- prayed to God always
- prayers and alms a memorial before God
Good, but not good enough!
Grace (favour, kindness)
- 172 occurrences (OT – 42, NT – 130)
- charis: grace, kindness (Greek: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ) (pronounced Hahris)
- Definition: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favour, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favour, kindness
- the Lord’s favour – freely extended to give Himself away to people (because He is “always leaning toward them”)
The Problem: SIN
Grace: sin is not held against the sinner
Old way (sacrificial system) was temporary
- Leviticus 4:20
- Hebrews 10:4
Inescapable fact: We all deserve to die
Incredible reality: Jesus took our place!
- Romans 5:8
- Hebrews 10:10-13
- Titus 2:11-14
Peter needed a lesson about God’s grace.
- “Not so, Lord! For I…” (v14)
- “What God has cleansed you must not…” (v15)
And you? Legalistic OR Gracious like Jesus?
Because of Jesus, we have access to God our Father!
Your behaviour and attitude towards unbelievers and believers, is a reflection of the condition of your heart.
- John 13:34-35
- Matthew 5:44-45
What are your words like?
- Ephesians 4:29
- Colossians 4:6
You’re not much of a Christian if you constantly ignore what Jesus/the Holy Spirit says and live based on your own rules/expectations.
God bless you!